Did you get a chance to try the Pumpkin Maple Cupcakes we talked about last week? If so, did you clean out a pumpkin to make your own puree? Did you clean and reserve the seeds? If you answered YES to all of these questions then you’re in luck because here’s something spicy to go with the sweet. Spicy pumpkin seeds are just the right thing to dish up as a healthy snack or use as a hors d’oeuvre at your next fall party. Here’s the super easy recipe!
- 2 cups of seeds (rinsed and dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- parmesan cheese
- Lay out pumpkin seeds on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Mix the next 6 ingredients and pour over seeds making sure to coat all.
- Sprinkle desired amount of parmesan cheese on top of the seeds.
- Cook for 1 hour in a 300 degree F oven.
- Sprinkle additional parmesan cheese the last 15 minutes of cook time if desired.
These are a delicious snack as well as addicting…….trust me, I speak from experience!